Mick Abae, M.D. F.A.C.O.G.
Mick Abaé, MD is a highly skilled, board-certified reproductive endocrinologist who leads the team at Fertility & Genetics in Plantation, Florida. Serving the communities of Broward County, as well as South Florida and the surrounding areas of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Palm Beach, Dr. Abaé’s overarching mission is to provide expert and affordable medical care that helps you realize the dream of having a child. He remains committed to providing his patients with the latest developments in clinical and laboratory fertility services in a caring and compassionate environment.
Dr. Abaé has a well-respected history of advancing the science and effectiveness of fertility treatment options. He completed medical school at New York Medical College, finished his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at St. Vincent’s Hospital in New York, and followed that with a three-year fellowship in reproductive endocrinology at the University of Vermont.
He has since:
- Spent two years as an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology at the University Of Miami School Of Medicine
- Created the Center for Advanced Reproductive Endocrinology (CARE) in Plantation, Florida, where he established standards for personalized patient care
- Founded the Laboratory for Implantation, Fertilization, & Embryology (LIFE) in order to provide the highest quality services to his patients
He is a member of:
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- The European Society for Human Reproduction and Embryology
- The Florida Society of Reproductive Endocrinologists
Driven by his desire to offer the quality care his patients deserve at prices they can afford, Dr. Abaé maintains an active research program in areas such as endometriosis, laparoscopic surgery, in vitro fertilization, and male factor infertility. Dr. Abaé is often asked to present his research findings to professional colleagues at various medical conferences across the nation.
Harold F. Rodriguez, Ph.D., HCLD, ELD
Harold F. Rodriguez, Ph.D., HCLD, ELD is easily one of the most experienced and respected embryologists in the United States. He is a vital member of the team at Fertility & Genetics in Plantation, Florida, which serves the communities of Broward County, as well as South Florida and the surrounding areas of Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Palm Beach.
As a clinical embryologist who specializes in human assisted reproduction, this talented scientist shares the heart of the Fertility & Genetics family -- to provide patients with expertly researched, clinically proven, affordable solutions to fertility issues.
Dr. Rodriguez graduated from Louisiana State University and Texas A&M University. He is a board certified, high complexity laboratory director with a specialty in clinical andrology -- the branch of medical science pertaining to the diseases of men -- and embryology. He is the director of the Fertility & Genetics Assisted Reproductive Technology Lab and oversees the daily operation of our in vitro fertilization (IVF) and andrology laboratories.
During his career, Dr. Rodriguez has been directly involved with more than 4500 IVF cycles and has performed well over 20,000 intracytoplasmic sperm injections (ICSI) -- an IVF procedure in which a single sperm is injected directly into an egg.
Dr. Rodriguez is an expert on all currently available assisted reproduction techniques, such as:
- Selective laser assisted hatching
- Blastocyst culture
- Blastocyst biopsy
- Pre-implantation embryo screening
- Cryopreservation (freezing) techniques, such as vitrification of oocytes which he implemented in our laboratories in 2006
Dr. Rodriguez also serves as a member of the:
- International Embryo Transfer Society
- College of Reproductive Biology
- American Association of Bioanalysts
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
Dr. Rodriguez is fluent in English and Spanish, and encourages you to contact him at email@example.com with questions about the laboratory aspects of infertility therapy and male factor infertility.